Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brians First Weekend

Looks like Brian has an admirer.



These camels wanted to make some new friends.


Old Turkish market


I tried to get Brian to post a blog about the fun he's been having already, but I just don't think he's into this whole blogging thing. But I did get some pictures from him and a friend so I can put some of those on here.

So far his news of Saudi has been that the traffic is terrible and it's dangerous to drive and even more dangerous to be a pedestrian. Think of that game "Frogger" and you get a little bit of the picture.

Another funny story was when he was at the grocery store. He walked by an employee cooking some rotisserie chickens. He was wearing a face mask, which to Brian thought, "oh that's a nice thing" until the guy quickly removes it so he can sneeze... directly onto the glass over the chickens. This scene was second to one that happened at McDonald's in which the guy stocking the condiments dropped all the ketchup cups on the floor but still put them on the shelf when no one was looking (except Brian).

On his trip to the old market that I put pictures of the group stopped by a beach to put their feet in the water. They were there for only a few minutes before they were approached by the Coast Guard and told they had to see the Captain. So the Coast Guard checked their papers thoroughly and questioned them about their purpose in the area and all that exciting stuff, before explaining that the beach was off limits. It all turned out okay and they were released to go home, but what is a day in another country without being questioned by the military?

Brian is still in a guest house for another few days but should be moving to our home the beginning of the month. Here is a link to the website of the compound we will be in. I don't know how old the site is, but you get the general picture. http://www.albustanvillage.com.sa/
Miss you all! You're welcome to write to let us know how your life is!

3 comments:

Shurtliff said...

Thank you Marie for your updates... please keep it up. We are very interested in knowing what is happening.

Johnson said...

Yea!!! I must have your phone number wrong because I tried to call you! I just wanted to send the money for the composter to you!! I don't know if you have my email. Let me know on here. I'm so glad you're posting stuff, it will be fun to see what you guys are doing. Sounds like an interesting place for sure. Let us know when baby #3 is here!! Miss you!
Hannah

The Hill Clan said...

How fun!! I got on that website and it looks like an AWESOME place to live!!! I'm so jealous that you are going to live in a place with so many adventures!!! It will be so exciting for you!! We sure miss you though!!